Favorite saying:

"You can teach a person how to sail, but you can't teach them why."

Saturday, April 23, 2011

One Way Plane Ticket to Hawaii for July

I have been wanting to do a long ocean passage the last few years and I think this is the year, for the first one at least.  I am planning on crewing for a boat from Hawaii to San Francisco in July.  Yes, for my sailing friends, I know that is the harder way, i.e., a beat back to the west coast of the US, and yes, I know it is hurricane season, but I think it will all be okay.  For my landlubber friends and family, I know I won't be able to see land for many days, but again, it will all be okay.
The boat I hope/plan to sail on is a Celestial 48 sailboat and the design has a good reputation for offshore sailing. I also hear good things about the skipper from a mutual sailing acquaintance.  I will be checking out the boat early in May as well as interviewing and being interviewed for a crewing position for this trip.  I am making a trip down to San Francisco and back on the same day.  I am optimistic that it will all turn out great and be another adventure I can add to my list of life's accomplishments.
There will certainly be more to come on this ............

No comments: