Favorite saying:

"You can teach a person how to sail, but you can't teach them why."

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Boatless Barbaras

I realized this weekend when I drove to Coos Bay Oregon to visit a friend, that I wasn't the only boatless Barbara.........  Barb and I went to high school together and I think it has been about 8 years since she's owned a sailboat.  But she's planning on getting one again soon and I told her I would gladly crew for her.  She has done an Atlantic crossing and Pacific crossing in years past, and spent some time in the South Pacific (I am so envious), and is now anxious to get back out cruising again.  We lost touch for 30 years, but reconnected almost 4 years ago at a high school reunion (oops, giving away our age, but we are who we are).  We discovered our common passion for sailing then. I was preparing to leave for my Mexico trip and she had just settled in Coos Bay Oregon.  She started her sailing long before I did and even has her 50 ton captain's license.  I am looking forward to the time when we can go sailing together instead of just talking about it.  She even has built in crew, a son (11) and daughter (15).

No comments: