Favorite saying:

"You can teach a person how to sail, but you can't teach them why."

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Boat shopping - just looking for now

I went to the Boats Afloat Show in Seattle last Saturday, 17th.  There are always more motor boats than sail there, but there was enough sailboats to get the salt water in my blood moving.  I also looked at a few boats at a couple yacht brokers on Lake Union.
My 'plan' is to find something in the spring 2012; but as they say in the cruising world, plans are written in the sand at low tide.  Some favorites, yesterday and today anyway, are Tartan 3800, Island Packet 380 or 350..... previous favorites are Pacific Seacraft 37 or Crealock, Westerly Sealord 39, Freedom 36, Valiant 40, Passport 40 (need to look at some of these somewhere).
And when I checked with the local marina where I would want to keep it, and live aboard, the waiting list is a year out, yikes.  So I will get on the list soon and then keep looking for the right boat.

Will have to change the name of this blog if I buy a boat, right?

No comments: