Favorite saying:

"You can teach a person how to sail, but you can't teach them why."

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Boatless Barbara isn't boatless anymore

Joel and I brought the boat down from Bellingham last weekend.  That was my first trip through the Swinomish Channel and when we saw -0.1 on the depth sounder we were sure glad that we didn't touch bottom.....  We had great weather (okay, so another 30 degrees warmer would have been even better), partly cloudy, partly sunny, very little rain.  We only did a little bit of sailing due to either lack of wind or it was from the wrong direction and since the goal for the weekend was to get to Olympia, we just kept motoring.

We arrived at the Swantown Marina around 2:30 pm on Monday, and Mary C. came to greet us at the pump out station.  Then we motored over to the new slip, where Dave K, Erik N. and Eric F. met us.

A great weekend of boating and now the fun begins ----- boat projects!

Okay, so I know I need to change this website sometime, but I am still trying to decide if I want to change the boat name, and may wait until I pick a new name and create a blog for that.






1 comment:

Rmoo said...

Barb,

Glad to see you and darn'd glad to hear about your "boatness"!

Where are you moored?

Riley
rmoo1859@gmail.com